Monday 10 October 2016

This Is How I Became A Teacher At A Preschool In NYC

It is a known fact that Indian parents are extra careful about everything related to their kids. Education specifically holds a lot of importance for us and we take care of even the minutest of details when it comes to education, right from preschool level.

So when my husband got this job offer in NYC, we had to shift base and this happened just in the time when our twins had to join a preschool.
This led me to do extensive research about the preschools in NYC as I wanted the best for my kids.

I was on the lookout for a preschool that not only provided the best education in NYC, but also worked to develop the key life skills required later in life for the kids.



Like any other concerned parent, I wanted to make sure that they would grow up to become individuals capable of providing for themselves and making informed choices on their own.

I came across a lot of impressive options on searching for a preschool in NYC, but this was not enough.

I could not rely only on images and text written online on the websites. So I decided to go out and visit the preschool I chose for my kids in person to get a closer and better look at what they offered.

After the school visit, I went on to meet the teachers of the school for an interactive session.

The way the teachers taught and cared for the kids was so fulfilling that I felt a strong desire to be a part of the team myself.

This lead to another online research session and I ended up applying for a course to become a part of the teaching fraternity at a preschool in NYC.

There was a detailed structure describing the classes and sessions related to working in a preschool.

I got my certificate within the stipulated time and now my kids and I go to different preschools for different reasons but with the same enthusiasm.


No comments:

Post a Comment